- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Hasluck, Western Australia, 2010. Re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister for Health from 30.9.2015 to 18.2.2016.
- Assistant Minister for Health and Aged Care from 18.2.2016 to 24.1.2017.
- Minister for Aged Care from 24.1.2017 to 28.8.2018.
- Minister for Indigenous Health from 24.1.2017 to 29.5.2019.
- Minister for Senior Australians and Aged Care from 28.8.2018 to 29.5.2019.
- Minister for Indigenous Australians from 29.5.2019.
- Cabinet Minister from 29.5.2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 14.3.2012 to 12.10.2015; Public Accounts and Audit from 10.2.2015 to 12.10.2015.
- Joint Select: Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples from 29.11.2012 to 5.8.2013; Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples (2015) from 4.12.2013 to 25.6.2015 (Chair from 4.12.2013 to 25.6.2015).
- House of Representatives Standing: Health and Ageing from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Health from 4.12.2013 to 12.10.2015; Procedure from 7.9.2015 to 12.10.2015.
- Party positions
- Vice-President of the Liberal Party Morley Branch, 1997.
- Delegate to the Liberal Party State Conference, 1997.
- Officeholder of the Liberal Party Cowan Division, 1997.
- Officeholder of the Liberal Party Perth Division, 1999.
- Delegate to the Liberal Party State Conference, 1999.
- Born 4.8.1952, Bunbury, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BEd (Churchlands College of Advanced Education).
- DipEd (Mt Lawley College of Advanced Education).
- DipT (Mt Lawley College of Advanced Education).
- THC ().
- Primary school teacher, Dept of Education (WA) 1973-86.
- Manager, Aboriginal Education, Dept of Education (WA) 1996-97.
- Relieving Executive Director, Education Services, Dept of Education (WA) 1997-98.
- Director, Aboriginal Education, Dept of Education (WA) 1998.
- District Director, Swan Education District, Dept of Education (WA) 1998-99.
- Director, Aboriginal Education Policy, Strategic Planning and Operations, Dept of Education (WA) 1999-2002.
- Professional Consultant, Strategic Planning, Policy Development and Coordination 2002-03.
- Director, Aboriginal Health, Dept of Health (NSW) 2003-07.
- Director, Aboriginal Health, Dept of Health (WA) 2007-10.
- Name: Hasluck
- Location: Hasluck covers the Shires of Mundaring and Kalamunda (part), and the Cities of Gosnells (part) and Swan (part). It includes the suburbs of Bailup, Beckenham, Beechina, Bickley, Caversham, Forrestfield (part), Gidgegannup, Gorrie, Guildford, Hazelmere, Helena Valley, Jane Brook, Kalamunda, Kenwick, Lesmurdie, Maddington, Maida Vale, Malmalling, Middle Swan (part), Midland, Red Hill (part), Reservoir, Sawyers Valley, South Guildford (part), Stratton, The Lakes, Viveash, Walliston, Wattle Grove, and Wooroloo.
- Area: 1,192 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 98,624 (at 12.6.2019)
- Industries: Retail, transport and service industries, light industry, medical, construction, manufacturing and agriculture.
- Appointed Member of the Order of Australia, 11.06.1996.
- Awarded Centenary Medal, 01.01.2001.
- Indigenous Education Warrior Award, World Indigenous People's Conference 2008.