- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Wannon, Victoria, 2010. Re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Defence Materiel from 18.2.2016 to 19.7.2016.
- Minister for Veterans' Affairs from 18.2.2016 to 20.12.2017.
- Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of ANZAC from 18.2.2016 to 20.12.2017.
- Minister for Defence Personnel from 19.7.2016 to 20.12.2017.
- Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for Cyber Security from 19.7.2016 to 20.12.2017.
- Cabinet Minister from 20.12.2017.
- Minister for Social Services from 20.12.2017 to 28.8.2018.
- Minister for Education from 28.8.2018.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 14.3.2012 to 5.8.2013; Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings from 4.12.2013 to 2.3.2016; Intelligence and Security from 12.12.2013 to 2.3.2016 (Chair from 12.12.2013 to 25.2.2016).
- House of Representatives Standing: Agriculture, Resources, Fisheries and Forestry from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Regional Australia from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Agriculture and Industry from 4.12.2013 to 11.2.2016.
- Party positions
- Deputy Director of the Liberal Party State Branch (Vic.).
- Born 27.1.1968, Melbourne, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA(Hons) (University of Melbourne).
- MForAffTde (Monash University).
- MIntRel (Kent University, Canterbury, UK).
- Farm hand 1986.
- Officer, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Canberra 1995-98.
- Diplomat 1999-2001.
- Trade Adviser, Office of the Minister for Trade 2002-05.
- Senior Adviser, Office of the Deputy Prime Minister 2005-06.
- Chief of Staff, Office of the Minister for Small Business and Tourism 2006-07.
- Director of Trade Policy and International Affairs, ACCI 2007-08.
- Deputy State Director, Liberal Party (Vic.) 2008-09.
- Name: Wannon
- Location: The Division of Wannon consists of: Ararat Rural City Council, Corangamite Shire Council, Glenelg Shire Council, Moyne Shire Council, Southern Grampians Shire Council, Warrnambool City Council, part of the Colac Otway Shire Council, part of the Golden Plains Shire Council, part of the Northern Grampians Shire Council, and part of the Pyrenees Shire Council.
- Area: 33,419 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 114,572 (at 6.6.2019)
- Industries: Agriculture and farming including dairy and beef, lamb and wool production, wineries, forestry, fishing, power generation and wind farms, aluminium smelting, mining, retail and tourism.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 7820|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6273 4140|
|Electorate Telephone||(03) 5572 1100|
|Electorate Fax||(03) 5572 1141|