- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Swan, Western Australia, 2007. Re-elected 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member of the Speaker's Panel from 12.2.2015 to 9.5.2016.
- Member of the Speaker's Panel from 30.8.2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister from 28.8.2018 to 29.5.2019.
- Assistant Minister for Vocational Education, Training and Apprenticeships from 29.5.2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 12.2.2015 to 9.5.2016; Human Rights from 14.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Corporations and Financial Services from 14.9.2016 to 28.8.2018 (Chair from 14.9.2016 to 28.8.2018); Public Accounts and Audit from 14.9.2016 to 10.8.2017.
- Joint Standing: Parliamentary Library from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; National Disability Insurance Scheme from 19.3.2014 to 12.10.2015.
- Joint Select: Constitutional Recognition of Local Government from 26.11.2012 to 13.3.2013; Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse from 5.2.2018 to 2.4.2019.
- House of Representatives Standing: Communications from 11.3.2008 to 4.6.2009; Education and Training (Education and Vocational Training from 1.12.2004 to 17.10.2007) from 11.3.2008 to 19.7.2010; Publications from 11.3.2008 to 5.8.2013; Health and Ageing from 10.11.2008 to 5.8.2013; Procedure from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Health from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016 (Chair from 11.2.2014 to 9.5.2016); Tax and Revenue from 19.10.2015 to 9.5.2016; Procedure from 14.9.2016 to 11.4.2019.
- Party positions
- Vice-President of the Liberal Party Swan Division.
- President of the Liberal Party South Perth Branch.
- Born 1.9.1958, Melbourne, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Company director.
- Road operator.
- Apprentice electrician.
- Name: Swan
- Location: Swan is bordered by the Swan River in the north and west, the Canning River and the City of Canning in the south, and the Roe Highway, Great Eastern Highway and Perth Airport in the east. Suburbs include Ascot, Belmont, Burswood, Bentley, Cannington, Carlisle, Cloverdale, Como, East Cannington, East Victoria Park, Forrestfield (part), High Wycombe, Karawara, Kensington, Kewdale, Lathlain, Manning, Redcliffe, Rivervale, Perth Airport, Queens Park, Salter Point, South Guildford (part), South Perth, St James, Victoria Park, Waterford, Welshpool and Wilson.
- Area: 134 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 100,857 (at 12.6.2019)
- Industries: Industries include education, tourism, recreation, light industry, commercial, retail and transport.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4337|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 8494|
|Electorate Telephone||(08) 9355 0099|
|Electorate Fax||(08) 9355 0199|