- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Chifley, New South Wales, 2010. Re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Ministerial appointments
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister from 1.7.2013 to 18.9.2013.
- Parliamentary Secretary for Broadband from 1.7.2013 to 18.9.2013.
- Committee service
- Joint Standing: National Broadband Network from 22.3.2011 to 5.8.2013.
- Joint Select: Cyber-Safety from 25.10.2010 to 24.6.2013; Christmas Island Tragedy from 22.3.2011 to 29.6.2011; Australia's Clean Energy Future Legislation from 14.9.2011 to 7.10.2011; Australia Fund Establishment from 2.10.2014 to 25.6.2015.
- House of Representatives Standing: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Infrastructure and Communications from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Selection from 6.7.2011 to 14.8.2012; Selection from 10.9.2012 to 14.5.2013; Economics from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Communications and the Arts from 22.7.2019 (Deputy Chair from 24.7.2019).
- Parliamentary party positions
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party Economics, Productivity, Innovation and Industry Caucus Committee from 2010.
- Government Whip in the House of Representatives from 5.7.2011 to 13.5.2013.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Shadow Treasurer from 18.10.2013 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition Assisting with Digital Innovation and Startups from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Employment Services and Workforce Participation from 23.7.2016 to 11.10.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Employment Services, Workforce Participation and Future of Work from 11.10.2016 to 21.8.2018.
- Shadow Minister for the Digital Economy from 11.10.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister for Human Services from 21.8.2018 to 2.6.2019.
- Party positions
- Member of the Australian Labor Party from 1989.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party Blacktown Branch from 1991 to 2004.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party Greenway Federal Electorate Council from 1995 to 1998.
- Born 3.2.1970, Sydney, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA(AppComm) (University of Western Sydney).
- Assistant adviser to the Parliamentary Secretary for Defence from 1991 to 1993.
- Senior consultant at Burson-Marsteller from 1993 to 1994.
- Assistant adviser to the Minister for Communications, Arts and Tourism from 1994 to 1996.
- Official and Divisional Vice-President of the Communications, Electrical and Plumbing Union from 1996 to 1999.
- Corporate Affairs Manager at Integral Energy from 1999 to 2004.
- Chief of Staff to the Minister for Water Utilities, Regional Development, Small Business and the Illawarra (NSW) from 2005 to 2006.
- National President and Divisional Secretary of the Communications Division, Communications, Electrical and Plumbing Union from 2006 to 2010.
- Name: Chifley
- Location: Chifley covers an area from South Creek in the north to the Great Western Highway in the south. The division is borded by Blacktown-Richmond Railway, Reservoir Road, Balmoral Street and Third Avenue in the East, South Creek and Ropes Creek in the West. Suburbs include: Arndell Park, Blacktown (part), Colebee, Dean Park, Doonside, Glendenning, Hassall Grove, Marayong, Marsden Park, Mount Druitt, Plumpton, Rooty Hill, Quakers Hill (part), Riverstone (part), Ropes Crossing, Shanes Park, Schofields (part), Tregear and Whalan.
- Area: 126 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 111,980 (at 12.6.2019)
- Industries: Light manufacturing and service industries.