- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Bruce, Victoria, 2016. Re-elected 2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 15.9.2016 (Deputy Chair from 31.7.2019); Public Works from 21.5.2018 to 10.9.2018.
- Joint Standing: Trade and Investment Growth from 15.9.2016 to 25.10.2017; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 23.7.2019; Migration from 23.7.2019.
- Party positions
- President of the Australian Labor Party local branch.
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party State Conference (Vic.).
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party local branch.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party from 1993.
- Born 1973, Melbourne, Australia
- Not married
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Company Directors' Course (Order of Merit).
- BSc (Monash University).
- GradCertArts(IR) (Deakin University).
- LLB (Monash University).
- Electorate Officer, Alan Griffin MP, 1995-2000.
- Mayor, City of Port Phillip, 2000-02.
- Executive Director/ Senior Roles, Vic Department of Sustainability and Environment, 2002-07.
- Executive Director, Vic Department of Planning and Community Development, 2007-13.
- Executive Director, Vic Department of State Development, Business and Innovation, 2013-14.
- Executive Director, Vic Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources, 2014-16.
- Local government service
- Councillor, Sandridge Ward, City of Port Phillip from 1999 to 2004.
- Mayor, City of Port Phillip from 2000 to 2002.
- Name: Bruce
- Location: The Division of Bruce consists of: part of the Casey City Council, and part of the Greater Dandenong City Council.
- Area: 95 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 109,195 (at 5.6.2019)
- Industries: Commercial, warehousing, light engineering, manufacturing, transport and retail.
- Executive Fellows Program, Australia and New Zealand School of Government, 2008.
- Fellow, Institute of Public Administration Australia (Victorian Division) 2012 (FIPAA (Vic)).