- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Werriwa, New South Wales at by-election 2005, vice M Latham (resigned). Re-elected 2007. Elected to the House of Representatives for Fowler, New South Wales, 2010, following electoral redistribution. Re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Parliamentary appointments
- Member of the National Library of Australia Council from 26.5.2014 to 9.5.2016.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Law Enforcement (formerly National Crime Authority from 15.6.1984 to 1.1.2003 and Australian Crime Commission from 1.1.2003 to 24.11.2010) from 12.9.2005 to 15.5.2013; Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 18.2.2008 to 16.7.2014; Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings (formerly Broadcasting) from 18.2.2008 to 5.8.2013; Law Enforcement (formerly National Crime Authority from 15.6.1984 to 1.1.2003 and Australian Crime Commission from 1.1.2003 to 24.11.2010) from 16.7.2014 to 9.5.2016; Law Enforcement (formerly National Crime Authority from 15.6.1984 to 1.1.2003 and Australian Crime Commission from 1.1.2003 to 24.11.2010) from 15.9.2016 to 1.7.2019.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 23.7.2019.
- House of Representatives Standing: Communications, Information Technology and the Arts from 10.5.2005 to 17.10.2007; Science and Innovation from 10.5.2005 to 17.10.2007; Publications from 16.6.2005 to 14.5.2013; Employment, Workplace Relations and Workforce Participation from 12.9.2005 to 17.10.2007 (Chair from 7.12.2006 to 17.10.2007); Employment and Workplace Relations from 19.2.2008 to 11.2.2010; House from 19.2.2008 to 9.5.2016; Selection from 30.9.2010 to 6.7.2011; Selection from 14.8.2012 to 10.9.2012; Selection from 14.5.2013 to 9.5.2016; Procedure from 14.5.2013 to 23.10.2014; Appropriations and Administration from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Appropriations and Administration from 17.10.2016; House from 17.10.2016.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Government Whip in the House of Representatives from 3.12.2007 to 5.7.2011.
- Government Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 13.5.2013 to 5.8.2013.
- Opposition Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 14.10.2013 to 9.5.2016.
- Opposition Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 30.8.2016.
- Party positions
- Member of the Australian Labor Party from 1975.
- Born 17.7.1955, Sydney, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- CertPersonnelAdmin (NSW TAFE).
- DipLabourRel&Law (University of Sydney).
- Industrial officer, Australian Workers' Union 1986-95; Assistant National Secretary 1995-97.
- Clerical officer, Metropolitan Water, Sewerage and Drainage Board 1972-78.
- Industrial officer, Public Service Professional Officers' Association (NSW) 1978-86.
- Senior adviser, Police Federation of Australia and New Zealand 1997-99.
- Self-employed business adviser 1999-2005.
- Name: Werriwa
- Location: Werriwa covers an area from Badgerys Creek, Cecil Hills and Bonnyrigg (part) in the north, to Denham Court, Bardia, Macquarie Links and Macquarie Fields in the south. Bounded by the Georges River, South Western Motorway, Liverpool Street, Calabro Avenue, Hoxton Park Road and Maxwells Creek to the east and Bringelly Road, The Northern Road, the western border of Badgerys Creek and Oaky Creek to the west. The main suburbs include Ashcroft, Austral, Badgerys Creek, Bardia, Bonnyrigg Heights, Bringelly, Cartwright, Casula, Cecil Hills, Cecil Park, Denham Court, Edmondson Park, Elizabeth Hills, Glenfield, Green Valley, Heckenberg, Hinchinbrook, Horningsea Park, Hoxton Park, Long Point, Lurnea, Macquarie Fields, Macquarie Links, Prestons and West Hoxton.
- Area: 172 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 117,693 (at 14.6.2019)
- Industries: Manufacturing, retail, health care services and industries.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4083|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 2309|
|Electorate Telephone||(02) 9726 3988|
|Electorate Fax||(02) 9727 2240|