- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Bass, Tasmania, 2016.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Appropriations and Administration from 15.9.16.
- Joint Standing: Public Accounts and Audit from 15.9.16.
- Party positions
- Member, ALP, 2003-.
- Tasmanian State Conference Delegate (Bass), 2007.
- Past President, ALP Launceston Central Branch.
- President, ALP Northern Central Policy Branch.
- President, Tamar Branch ALP.
- Born 4.6.1960, Launceston, Tas.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLB (UTas).
- Lawyer, Rae and Partners, 1984-88.
- Partner/Director, Rae and Partners, 1988-2016.
- Councillor, Law Society of Tasmania, 1989-2006.
- Member, Rotary Club of Launceston, 1992-.
- President, Law Society of Tasmania, 1993-94.
- Director, Northern Tasmania Regional Development Board, 1993-2005.
- Member/Delegate, Law Council of Australia, 1995-98.
- Director, Inveresk Railyards Management Authority, 1998-2000.
- Member, Governing Council Tasmanian Health Organisation North, 2012-15.
Location: north-east Tasmania; it includes the city of Launceston and its suburbs, and the towns of Bell Bay, Bridport, George Town, Hadspen, Lilydale, Ringarooma and Scottsdale. Cape Barren Island, Clarke Island and Flinders Island are also in this division.
Area: 7 378 sq km.
Electors enrolled: 73 555 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: aluminium and ferrous metal smelting, brewery, cattle (dairy and beef) farming, manufacturing, mining, ports and shipping, ship building, timber, tourism, fishing, wineries and wool.
State electorates: Bass is co-extensive with the Tasmanian House of Assembly electorate of the same name.