- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Adelaide, South Australia, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Youth from 3.12.07 to 9.6.09.
- Minister for Sport from 3.12.07 to 14.9.10.
- Minister for Early Childhood Education, Childcare and Youth from 9.6.09 to 14.9.10.
- Minister for the Status of Women from 14.9.10 to 14.12.11.
- Minister for Employment Participation and Childcare from 14.9.10 to 14.12.11.
- Minister for Employment Participation from 14.12.11 to 18.9.13.
- Minister for Early Childhood and Childcare from 14.12.11 to 1.7.13.
- Minister for Early Childhood, Childcare and Youth from 1.7.13 to 18.9.13.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Family and Human Services from 2.12.04 to 17.10.07; Education and Employment from 4.12.13 to 27.2.14.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Minister for Education from 18.10.13 to 23.07.16.
- Shadow Minister for Early Childhood from 18.10.13 to 23.07.16.
- Shadow Minister for Early Childhood Education and Development from 23.07.16.
- Shadow Minister for TAFE and Vocational Education from 23.07.16.
- Party positions
- Secretary, ALP Caucus Committee on Economics from 2004.
- Member, ALP National Policy Committee from 2005.
- Born 22.9.1977, Melbourne, Vic.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Ministerial Adviser to the Hon. R McEwen, MHA (SA) 2003-04.
- Ministerial Adviser to the Deputy Premier (SA), the Hon. K Foley, MHA 2004.
Description: inner metropolitan.
Location: central Adelaide; it includes the city of Adelaide and the suburbs of Ashford, Clarence Park, Enfield, Goodwood, Kent Town, Keswick, Kilburn, Maylands, North Adelaide, Northgate, Norwood, Parkside, Prospect, Rose Park, St Peters, Toorak Gardens, Unley and Walkerville.
Area: 76 sq km.
Electors enrolled: 109 217 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: markets, newspapers, military barracks, universities, brewery, bottlers, rail and bus terminals and Adelaide central business district.
State electorates: Adelaide includes the South Australian House of Assembly electorate of Adelaide, and parts of Ashford, Bragg, Croydon, Dunstan, Enfield, Torrens, Unley and West Torrens.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4479|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 2216|
|Electorate Telephone||(08) 8269 2433|
|Electorate Fax||(08) 8269 2488|