- Parliamentary service
- State: Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Legislative Council from December 2002 to March 2014.
- Federal: Elected to the House of Representatives for Murray, Victoria, 2016. Elected to the House of Representatives for Nicholls, Victoria following electoral redistribution, 2019.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister to the Deputy Prime Minister from 20.12.2017 to 5.3.2018.
- Committee service
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 14.9.2016 to 20.12.2017; Migration from 14.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 13.8.2018; Migration from 28.11.2019.
- House of Representatives Standing: Health, Aged Care and Sport from 14.9.2016 to 20.12.2017; Health, Aged Care and Sport from 10.9.2018 to 11.4.2019; Communications and the Arts from 4.7.2019; House from 4.7.2019; Selection from 4.7.2019.
- House of Representatives Select: Regional Development and Decentralisation from 13.6.2017 to 20.12.2017; Regional Development and Decentralisation from 26.3.2018 to 28.6.2018 (Chair from 28.3.2018 to 28.6.2018); Regional Australia from 17.9.2019.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Nationals Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 2.7.2019.
- Born 28.7.1960, Shepparton, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Qualification in Carpentry and Joinery.
- Proprietor, Garages 'N' Sheds, 1987-93.
- Assistant Coach, Sydney Football Club, 1994-98.
- Senior Coach, Fremantle Football Club, 1999-2001.
- Member, Victorian Legislative Council (North Western and Northern Victoria), 2002-16.
- Local government service
- Deputy Leader of the Nationals in the Legislative Council from December 2002 to March 2014.
- The Nationals Whip in the Legislative Council from December 2002 to November 2014.
- Elected to the Victorian Legislative Council for North Western, 2002.
- Elected to the Victorian Legislative Council for Northern Victoria, 2006. Resigned 26.5.2016 to contest the House of Representatives division of Murray, Victoria.
- Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Development from December 2010 to March 2014.
- Minister for Sport and Recreation from March 2014 to December 2014.
- Minister for Veterans' Affairs from March 2014 to December 2014.
- Leader of the Nationals in the Legislative Council from March 2014 to May 2016.
- Name: Nicholls
- Location: The Division of Nicholls consists of: Campaspe Shire Council, Greater Shepparton City Council, Moira Shire Council, part of the Mitchell Shire Council, and part of the Strathbogie Shire Council.
- Area: 14,768 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 111,134 (at 13.6.2019)
- Industries: Dairy farming and agriculture including wineries and orchards, food processing, health care, education and training , and retail.