- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Oxley, Queensland, 2016. Re-elected 2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Standing: Electoral Matters from 15.9.2016.
- Joint Select: Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse from 7.12.2017 to 2.4.2019; Implementation of the National Redress Scheme from 24.10.2019.
- House of Representatives Standing: Tax and Revenue from 15.9.2016 to 11.4.2019; Procedure from 10.10.2016; Health, Aged Care and Sport from 22.7.2019.
- Party positions
- President of Federal Young Labor.
- Organiser of the Australian Labor Party State Branch (Qld.) from 2000 to 2004.
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party National Conference from 2001.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party State Branch (Qld.) from 2004 to 2008.
- Campaign Director of the Australian Labor Party State Branch (Qld.) from 2004 to 2008.
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party State Conference (Qld.) from 2011 to 2018.
- Born 21.7.1972, Brisbane, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (University of Queensland).
- Electorate Officer, Hon. D Beddall MP, 1993-98.
- Electorate Officer, Senator the Hon J Hogg, 1998-2000.
- Elected Official, ALP (Qld) from 2000 to 2008.
- Local government service
- Councillor, Richlands Ward, Brisbane City Council from 2008 to 2016.
- Deputy Leader of the Opposition, Brisbane City Council from 2008 to 2012.
- Leader of the Opposition, Brisbane City Council from 2012 to 2016.
- Name: Oxley
- Location: The Division of Oxley consists of: part of the Brisbane City Council, part of the Ipswich City Council, and part of the Logan City Council.
- Area: 159 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 104,214 (at 10.6.2019)
- Industries: Railway workshops, industrial, light industrial and commercial activities.