- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Parkes, New South Wales, 2007. Re-elected 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Parliamentary positions
- Deputy Speaker from 30.8.2016 to 5.3.2018.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment from 5.3.2018 to 29.5.2019.
- Minister for Regional Services, Decentralisation and Local Government from 29.5.2019 to 6.2.2020.
- Assistant Minister for Trade and Investment from 29.5.2019 to 6.2.2020.
- Minister for Regional Health, Regional Communications and Local Government from 6.2.2020.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings (formerly Broadcasting) from 25.10.2010 to 9.5.2016.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 22.2.2010 to 19.7.2010; National Capital and External Territories from 14.9.2016.
- Joint Select: Constitutional Recognition of Local Government from 26.11.2012 to 13.3.2013.
- House of Representatives Standing: Health and Ageing from 11.3.2008 to 3.2.2010; Publications from 11.3.2008 to 19.7.2010; Selection from 30.9.2010 to 9.2.2012; Health and Ageing from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Selection from 13.3.2012 to 9.5.2016; Appropriations and Administration from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Publications from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016 (Chair from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016); Indigenous Affairs from 25.9.2014 to 9.5.2016.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Nationals Whip in the House of Representatives from 14.9.2010.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Ageing and the Voluntary Sector from 6.12.2007 to 22.9.2008.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Water and Conservation from 20.1.2009 to 8.12.2009.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Development and Emerging Trade Markets from 8.12.2009 to 14.9.2010.
- Born 3.2.1958, Sydney, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Farmer and grazier.
- Local government service
- Mayor, Gwydir Shire Council from 2004 to 2007.
- Name: Parkes
- Location: Parkes covers an area from the Queensland border in the North including Unincorporated NSW, the City Councils of Broken Hill and Dubbo and the Shire Councils of Central Darling, Cobar, Lachlan, Bogan, Bourke, Brewarrina, Walgett, Moree Plains, Narrabri, Coonamble, Warren, Narromine, Gilgandra, Warrumbungle, Gunnedah and part of Gwydir. The main towns include Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Cobar, Condobolin, Coonabarabran, Coonamble, Dubbo, Gilgandra, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Moree, Narrabri, Nyngan, Tibooburra, Walgett, Warren and Wilcannia.
- Area: 393,413 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 109,513 (at 5.6.2019)
- Industries: Wool, beef, pork, wheat, cotton, oil seed crops, lucerne, fruit, vegetables, dairy cattle, horse, sheep and cattle studs, comprehensive agricultural support services, coal and opal mining, timber, wine growing, tourism, light engineering and construction industries.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4607|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 8504|
|Electorate Telephone||(02) 6882 0999|
|Electorate Fax||(02) 6882 9935|