- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Charlton, New South Wales, 2013. Elected to the House of Representatives for Shortland, New South Wales, 2016, following electoral redistribution. Re-elected 2019.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member of the Speaker's Panel from 25.3.2015 to 9.5.2016.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016.
- Joint Select: Trade and Investment Growth from 2.10.2014 to 9.5.2016.
- House of Representatives Standing: Economics from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Economics from 15.9.2016 to 7.11.2016; Environment and Energy from 15.9.2016 to 11.4.2019; Privileges and Members' Interests from 10.10.2016 to 11.4.2019; Publications from 21.5.2018 to 10.9.2018.
- House of Representatives Select: Intergenerational Welfare Dependence from 30.5.2018 to 10.9.2018 (Deputy Chair from 4.7.2018 to 10.9.2018).
- Parliamentary party positions
- Opposition Spokesperson for Labor Waste Watch from 2014 to 2016.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Climate Change and Energy from 23.7.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Infrastructure from 23.7.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister for International Development and the Pacific from 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister Assisting for Climate Change from 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister Assisting for Defence from 2.6.2019.
- Party positions
- Member of the Charlton Federal Electorate Council.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party from 1994.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party Environment, Planning and Natural Resources Committee (NSW) from 2001 to 2002.
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party State Conference (NSW) from 2002 to 2016.
- Vice-President of Young Labor (NSW) from 2003 to 2004.
- Vice-President of Federal Young Labor from 2003 to 2004.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party Machinery Proxies Committee (NSW) from 2003 to 2006.
- Proxy Delegate to the Australian Labor Party National Conference from 2004 to 2007.
- Member of the Australian Labor Party National Infrastructure Inquiry from 2005 to 2007.
- Delegate to the Australian Labor Party National Conference, 2015.
- Born 10.5.1979, Sydney, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BEc(Hons) (University of Sydney).
- Customer service assistant, Coles 1995-2000.
- Electorate officer to the Hon. Anthony Albanese MP 2000.
- Industrial/Policy Organiser, Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union, Forestry Division, NSW Branch 2000-02.
- Policy Adviser to Senator George Campbell 2002-04.
- National Economist, Australian Manufacturing Workers' Union 2004-08.
- Principal Policy Adviser to the Hon. GI Combet, AM, MP 2008-11.
- Deputy Chief of Staff to the Hon. GI Combet, AM, MP 2011-13.
- Name: Shortland
- Location: Shortland covers an area from Highfields, Cardiff and Boolaroo in the north to Budgewoi and San Remo in the south and is bounded on the east by the Pacific Ocean and on the west by Wallsend Road, Reservoir Road, Lowry Street, Main Road, Lake Macquarie, Wyee Road and Pacific Highway. The main suburbs include Belmont, Boolaroo, Budgewoi, Catherine Hill Bay, Cardiff, Caves Beach, Chain Valley Bay, Charlestown, Doyalson, Dudley, Eleebana, Gateshead, Gwandalan, Highfields, Hillsborough, Mannering Park, Redhead, San Remo, Speers Point, Swansea, Valentine and Windale.
- Area: 265 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 114,054 (at 7.6.2019)
- Industries: Coal mining, tourism, fishing, power stations, building industry and poultry farming.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4863|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 4963|
|Electorate Telephone||(02) 4954 2611|
|Electorate Fax||(02) 4954 2655|