- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Banks, New South Wales, 2013. Re-elected 2016 and 2019.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister for Finance from 20.12.2017 to 28.8.2018.
- Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs from 28.8.2018 to 29.5.2019.
- Minister for Immigration, Citizenship, Migrant Services and Multicultural Affairs from 29.5.2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Corporations and Financial Services from 4.12.2013 to 15.6.2015; Public Works from 14.9.2016 to 1.7.2019.
- Joint Standing: Electoral Matters from 22.2.2016 to 3.3.2016 (Chair from 23.2.2016 to 3.3.2016).
- House of Representatives Standing: Economics from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Economics from 15.9.2016 to 20.12.2017 (Chair from 15.9.2016 to 20.12.2017).
- Born 5.3.1974, Camden, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLB (University of New South Wales).
- BA (University of New South Wales).
- President, UNSW Student Guild 1997.
- Business analyst, McKinsey and Co 1998.
- Business Development Manager, LookSmart 1998-99.
- Director, Corporate Development, dStore 1999-2000.
- Managing Director, L2I 2001-05.
- Director of Strategy, New Media, PBL 2005-07.
- Director of Strategy, PBL Media 2007-10.
- Director, ninemsn Pty Ltd 2008-13.
- Director, Australian News Channel Pty Ltd 2008-13.
- Director of Strategy and Digital, Nine Entertainment Co 2010-13.
- Director, Yellow Brick Road Holdings Ltd 2011-13.
- Chairman, ninemsn Pty Ltd 2012-13.
- Name: Banks
- Location: Banks is bound by the Georges River in the south and west, the South Western Motorway in the north and King Georges Road, the Illawarra railway line, Jubilee Avenue the Princes Highway and Terry Street in the east. The main suburbs include Allawah, Carlton (part), Connells Point, East Hills, Lugarno, Mortdale, Oatley, Panania, Padstow, Padstow Heights, Hurstville Grove, Picnic Point, Revesby, Riverwood and South Hurstville.
- Area: 53 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 106,253 (at 5.6.2019)
- Industries: Light manufacturing, commercial and service industries.