- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Blaxland, New South Wales, 2007. Re-elected 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Ministerial appointments
- Parliamentary Secretary for Employment from 9.6.2009 to 14.9.2010.
- Minister for Defence Materiel from 14.9.2010 to 14.12.2011.
- Minister for Home Affairs from 14.12.2011 to 18.9.2013.
- Minister for Justice from 14.12.2011 to 18.9.2013.
- Minister for Defence Materiel from 5.3.2012 to 4.2.2013.
- Cabinet Secretary from 4.2.2013 to 1.7.2013.
- Cabinet Minister from 25.3.2013 to 1.7.2013.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 18.2.2008 to 15.6.2009; Intelligence and Security from 26.11.2014 to 9.5.2016.
- House of Representatives Standing: Education and Training from 19.2.2008 to 15.6.2009; Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government from 19.2.2008 to 15.6.2009.
- House of Representatives Select: Regional Australia from 29.7.2019.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Minister for Communications from 18.10.2013 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Resources from 4.5.2016 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Resources and Northern Australia from 23.7.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister for Trade and Investment from 23.7.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister for Regional Services, Territories and Local Government from 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Minister for Housing and Homelessness from 2.6.2019.
- Party positions
- Member of the Australian Labor Party from 1991.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party Cabramatta Branch from 1992 to 2001.
- Born 22.3.1972, Sydney, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA(Hons) (University of New South Wales).
- LLB (University of New South Wales).
- Policy Adviser to the Minister for Police and Leader of the House (NSW), the Hon. PFP Whelan, MLA 1995-99.
- Senior Policy Adviser to the Premier of NSW, the Hon. RJ Carr, MLA 1999-2003.
- Manager, Corporate Relations, Transurban 2003-07.
- Name: Blaxland
- Location: Blaxland is bordered by Georges River, Prospect Creek and Woodville Road on the west, along Boorea Street, St Hilliers Road, the Western Motorway, Duck River, Mackay Road, Bennett Road, Clyde Street, Dellwood Street, Blaxcell Street, Adam Street, Excelsior Street and Constance Street in the north. Follows Olympic Drive, Joseph Street, Rookwood and Stacey Street and Fairford Road on the east and along the South Western Motorway in the south. The main suburbs include Auburn (part), Bankstown (part), Berala, Chester Hill, Condell Park, Georges Hall, Guilford (part), Lidcombe (part), Milperra, South Grandville, Villawood and Yagoona.
- Area: 61 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 105,383 (at 17.6.2019)
- Industries: Retail, commercial and service industries including railway workshops, aircraft repairs, transport and storage.