- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Moncrieff, Queensland, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Treasurer from 18.9.13 to 23.12.14.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs from 23.12.14 to 21.9.15.
- Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Trade and Investment from 23.12.14 to 21.9.15.
- Minister for International Development and the Pacific from 21.9.15 to 18.2.16.
- Minister for Trade and Investment from 18.2.16 to 19.7.16.
- Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment from 19.7.16.
- Committee service
- House of Representatives Standing: Communications, Information Technology and the Arts from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Economics, Finance and Public Administration from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Economics from 28.8.08 to 10.11.08, from 25.10.10 to 13.9.11 and from 7.2.12 to 5.8.13; Members' Interests from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07; Family, Community, Housing and Youth from 3.2.10 to 19.7.10.
- Joint Statutory: Corporations and Financial Services from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Public Accounts and Audit from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Intelligence and Security from 9.12.05 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 20.3.02 to 31.8.04; Electoral Matters from 1.12.04 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Select: Gambling Reform from 21.10.10 to 24.6.13.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 6.12.07 to 14.9.10. Shadow Minister for Small Business, the Service Economy and Tourism from 6.12.07 to 22.9.08; Shadow Minister for Small Business, Independent Contractors, Tourism and the Arts from 22.9.08 to 8.12.09; Shadow Minister for Tourism and the Arts from 8.12.09 to 14.9.10; Shadow Minister for Youth and Sport from 8.12.09 to 14.9.10.
- Party positions
- Member, Liberal Party from 1992.
- State Council and Convention Delegate 1993-2002; Federal Council and Convention Delegate 1998-2000 and 2002.
- Member, Liberal Party Policy Committee (Qld) 1998.
- Member, Coalition Joint Policy Committee (Qld) 1998.
- Member, Liberal Party State Executive (Qld) 1999; Development Committee 1998-2001; Management Committee 1999.
- President, Queensland Young Liberals 1999; Life Member 2001.
- Liberal Party Constitutional Review Committee 2000-01.
- Various branch and campaign committee positions 1992-2002.
- Born 29.5.1974, Mareeba, Qld.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLB, BComm (Bond University), LLM (Queensland University of Technology).
- Senior Associate, Australasian Institute of Banking and Finance.
- Consultant, Coopers and Lybrand 1996-97.
- Senior Consultant, Pricewaterhouse Coopers 1998-2000.
- Adviser to Senator B Mason 2000-01.
Location: south-east Queensland, northern part of the Gold Coast and hinterland; it includes the suburbs of Ashmore, Benowa, Broadbeach, Broadbeach Waters, Bundall, Carrara, Main Beach, Mermaid Beach, Mermaid Waters and Surfers Paradise as well as parts of Miami, Nerang, Southport and Worongary.
Area: 92 sq km.
Electors enrolled: 102 982 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: tourism and associated industries.
State electorates: Moncrieff includes the Queensland Legislative Assembly electorate of Surfers Paradise and parts of Burleigh, Gaven, Mermaid Beach, Mudgeeraba and Southport.