- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Dawson, Queensland, 2010. Re-elected 2013, 2016 and 2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings from 14.9.2016.
- Joint Standing: Parliamentary Library (formerly Library) from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Northern Australia from 23.7.2019; Trade and Investment Growth from 23.7.2019 (Chair from 25.7.2019).
- Joint Select: Australia's Clean Energy Future Legislation from 15.9.2011 to 7.10.2011; Northern Australia from 9.12.2013 to 9.5.2016.
- House of Representatives Standing: Agriculture, Resources, Fisheries and Forestry from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Selection from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016; Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 4.12.2013 to 9.5.2016 (Chair from 17.3.2014 to 9.5.2016); Social Policy and Legal Affairs from 14.9.2016 to 11.4.2019; Publications from 14.9.2016 to 11.4.2019; Industry, Innovation, Science and Resources from 30.5.2018 to 11.4.2019.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Nationals Whip in the House of Representatives from 17.10.2013 to 9.5.2016.
- Nationals Chief Whip in the House of Representatives from 30.8.2016 to 2.3.2017.
- Party positions
- Member of the Nationals (Qld.) from 1993 to 2008.
- Member of the Young Nationals (Qld.) from 1993 to 2008.
- President of the Young Nationals (Qld.) from 2003 to 2004.
- Vice-President of the Nationals Mackay Zone (Qld.) from 2007 to 2008.
- Member of the Liberal National Party (Qld.) from 2008.
- Secretary of the Liberal National Party Central Queensland Region from 2008 to 2009.
- Born 30.6.1978, Mackay, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BCom(Journ) (Central Queensland University).
- Printing factory worker 2000.
- Journalist 2000.
- Press secretary 2001-04.
- Councillor 2004-10.
- Newspaper editor and publisher 2005-08.
- Local government service
- Councillor, City of Mackay Council from 2004 to 2008.
- Councillor, Mackay Regional Council from 2008 to 2010.
- Name: Dawson
- Location: The Division of Dawson consists of: part of the Burdekin Shire Council, part of the Mackay Regional Council, part of the Townsville City Council, and part of the Whitsunday Regional Council.
- Area: 14,630 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 105,248 (at 8.6.2019)
- Industries: Various small crops, prawn and fish farms, sugar growing and refining, beef cattle, coal mining related industries, abattoirs and tourism.