- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Wakefield, South Australia, 2007. Re-elected 2010, 2013, 2016. Elected to the House of Representatives for Spence, South Australia following electoral redistribution, 2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Law Enforcement (formerly National Crime Authority from 15.6.1984 to 1.1.2003 and Australian Crime Commission from 1.1.2003 to 24.11.2010) from 18.2.2008 to 19.7.2010; Public Works from 18.2.2008 to 19.7.2010.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 25.10.2010 to 15.9.2016; Parliamentary Library (formerly Library) from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 23.7.2019 (Deputy Chair from 24.7.2019).
- Joint Select: Gambling Reform from 21.10.2010 to 14.3.2012; Parliamentary Budget Office from 23.11.2010 to 23.3.2011; Christmas Island Tragedy from 22.3.2011 to 29.6.2011.
- House of Representatives Standing: Industry, Science and Innovation from 19.2.2008 to 19.7.2010; Primary Industries and Resources from 19.2.2008 to 19.7.2010; Infrastructure and Communications from 14.3.2012 to 5.8.2013.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Caucus Secretary of the Federal Parliamentary Australian Labor Party from 2010 to 2011.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Health from 1.7.2014 to 13.10.2015.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Manufacturing from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Manufacturing and Science from 23.7.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Party positions
- President of the Australian Labor Party State Branch (SA) from 2005 to 2006.
- Born 27.2.1972, Elizabeth, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- GradDipComm (University of South Australia).
- BA (University of South Australia).
- Occupational health and safety officer, training officer and organiser, Shop Distributive and Allied Employees' Association.
- Sport and Recreation Policy Adviser to the Hon. M Wright, MHA (SA).
- Name: Spence
- Location: The Division of Spence consists of: City of Playford, Town of Gawler, part of the Barossa Council, part of the City of Salisbury, and part of the Light Regional Council.
- Area: 532 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 119,385 (at 7.6.2019)
- Industries: Commercial, defence, Edinburgh RAAF Base, retail and technology based industry, Lyell McEwin Hospital, market gardens and viticulture.
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4451|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 8511|
|Electorate Telephone||(08) 8284 2422|
|Electorate Fax||(08) 8284 2433|