- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Rankin, Queensland, 2013. Re-elected 2016 and 2019.
- Committee service
- Joint Select: Trade and Investment Growth from 2.10.2014 to 22.10.2015.
- House of Representatives Standing: Economics from 4.12.2013 to 19.10.2015; Tax and Revenue from 4.12.2013 to 22.10.2015.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary to the Leader of the Opposition from 18.10.2013 to 13.10.2015.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Trade and Investment from 18.10.2013 to 13.10.2015.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Trade and Investment from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Productivity from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Sport from 13.10.2015 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Resources from 4.5.2016 to 23.7.2016.
- Shadow Minister for Finance from 23.7.2016 to 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Treasurer from 2.6.2019.
- Party positions
- Officeholder of Australian Labor Party local branch positions from 1997.
- Secretary of the Australian Labor Party National Policy Committee from 2003 to 2004.
- Delegate for Rankin to the Australian Labor Party State Conference from 2011.
- Born 2.3.1978, Brisbane, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- PhD (Australian National University).
- BCom (Griffith University).
- BA (Griffith University).
- Research officer, Dept of Premier and Cabinet (Qld) 1999-2001.
- Tutor in politics and public policy, ANU and UC 2001.
- ALP National Research Manager 2002-04.
- Media Adviser to the Shadow Treasurer 2005-06.
- Deputy Chief of Staff to the Leader of the Opposition 2006.
- Senior Adviser to the Premier of New South Wales 2006-07.
- Queensland General Manager CPR 2007.
- Deputy Chief of Staff and Principal Adviser to the Treasurer 2007-10.
- Chief of Staff to the Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer 2010-13.
- Executive Director, Chifley Research Centre 2013.
- Name: Rankin
- Location: The Division of Rankin consists of: part of the Brisbane City Council, and part of the Logan City Council.
- Area: 131 Sq km
- Electors enrolled: 103,551 (at 7.6.2019)
- Industries: A diversity of land use, from residential and acreage suburbs to light industrial.
- Glory Daze: how a world-beating nation got so down on itself, MUP, Melbourne: 2013.