- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the House of Representatives for Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, 2010, 2013 and 2016.
- Committee service
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 25.10.10 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13; National Capital and External Territories from 25.10.10 to 9.5.16 and from 15.9.16; Parliamentary Library from 2.12.13 to 9.5.16 (Joint Chair from 11.12.13 to 9.5.16); Public Accounts and Audit from 15.9.16.
- Joint Select: Gambling Reform from 14.3.12 to 24.6.13; DisabilityCare Australia from 19.6.13 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Standing Committee on the National Broadband Network from 10.10.16.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Defence from 18.10.13 to 23.07.16.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Cyber Security and Defence Personnel from 23.07.16.
- Party positions
- Various ACT ALP campaign, administrative and executive positions 1992-2009.
- Chair, ALP National Policy Committee 2011.
- Born 24.11.1963, Melbourne, Vic.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (ANU), BPR (RMIT), Grad Cert Bus (Monash).
- Federal public servant and media adviser 1990-2000.
- Small business owner 2000-10.
Description: inner metropolitan.
Location: southern Canberra and outskirts; it includes the suburbs of Deakin, Forrest, Parkes, Red Hill and Yarralumla, extending to Tuggeranong, Weston Creek and Woden Valley, and the outlying rural areas of Tharwa and Tidbinbilla. It also includes those Norfolk Island residents entitled to enrol.
Area: 2 002 sq km.
Electors enrolled: 143 231 (at 2.7.16).
Industries: retail and service industries, government and administration, agriculture, light industry and tourism.
Territory electorates: Canberra includes the Australian Capital Territory Legislative Assembly electorate of Brindabella and parts of Molonglo.
|Position||Date From||Date to||District||Branch||Party||State|
|Canberra||House of Representatives||Australian Capital Territory|
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 4811|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6277 8585|
|Electorate Telephone||(02) 6293 1344|
|Electorate Fax||(02) 6293 1068|