- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the Senate for Queensland 2010. Re-elected 2016. Resigned 18.7.2017. (election ruled void 27.10.2017 under section 44 of the Constitution; ruled ineligible from 2.7.2016) Chosen by the Parliament of Queensland on 6.9.2018 under section 15 of the Constitution to represent that State in the Senate, vice A Bartlett (resigned).
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Senators' Interests from 5.7.2011 to 11.11.2013; Senators' Interests from 13.2.2019.
- Senate Select: Certain Aspects of Queensland Government Administration related to Commonwealth Government Affairs from 2.10.2014 to 27.3.2015.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Environment and Communications: Legislation from 5.7.2011 to 9.5.2016; Environment and Communications: References from 5.7.2011 to 9.5.2016; Education and Employment: Legislation from 15.10.2015 to 30.11.2016 (Substitute member from 15.10.2015 to 30.11.2016); Finance and Public Administration: References from 26.11.2015 to 24.8.2016 (Substitute member from 26.11.2015 to 24.8.2016); Environment and Communications: References from 1.9.2016 to 7.2.2017; Environment and Communications: Legislation from 1.9.2016 to 7.2.2017; Economics: References from 15.6.2017 to 18.7.2017 (Substitute member from 15.6.2017 to 18.7.2017); Education and Employment: Legislation from 13.9.2018 to 12.10.2018 (Substitute member from 13.9.2018 to 12.10.2018); Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport: References from 17.9.2019 (Substitute member from 17.9.2019).
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 3.2.2017 to 4.2.2017.
- Joint Standing: Northern Australia from 12.9.2016 to 18.7.2017; Northern Australia from 11.9.2018; Electoral Matters from 20.9.2018 to 30.10.2018; Electoral Matters from 1.11.2018 to 4.3.2019; Electoral Matters from 6.3.2019.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Environment and Biodiversity; Women; Resources, Mining and Coal Seam Gas from 1.7.2014 to 25.5.2015.
- Co-Deputy Leader of the Federal Parliamentary Australian Greens from 6.5.2015 to 18.7.2017.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Climate Change, Resources, Mining and Coal Seam Gas; Environment and Biodiversity; Women from 25.5.2015 to 15.9.2015.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Climate Change and Resources; Environment and Biodiversity; Women from 15.9.2015 to 25.8.2016.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson on Environment and Biodiversity; Mining and Resources; Women; Gambling; and Tourism from 25.8.2016 to 18.7.2017.
- Co-Deputy Leader of the Federal Parliamentary Australian Greens from 4.12.2018.
- Australian Greens Spokesperson for Democracy, Mining and Resources, Women, Tourism and Gambling from 5.7.2019.
- Party positions
- Convener of the Australian Greens North Brisbane Branch from 2006 to 2007.
- Spokesperson for the Australian Greens on Environment and Justice (Qld.) from 2007 to 2009.
- Spokesperson for the Australian Greens State Branch (Qld.) from 2009.
- Born 8.2.1977, Winnipeg, Canada
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BSc (Griffith University).
- GradDipLegPrac (College of Law, NSW).
- LLB(Hons) (Griffith University).
- Legal researcher, Land and Resources Tribunal 2000-01.
- Graduate lawyer, Freehills 2001-02.
- Community environmental lawyer, Environmental Defender's Office (Qld) 2002-11.