- Parliamentary service
- Chosen by the Parliament of Queensland on 11.2.2014 under Section 15 of the Constitution to represent that State in the Senate, vice BTG Joyce (resigned)(term ends 30.6.2017).
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Publications from 1.7.14 to 10.9.15.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport: Legislation Committee from 3.3.14 to 1.7.14 and from 1.9.16 (Chair from 1.9.16) and References Committee from 1.9.16; Education and Employment: Legislation Committee from 1.7.14 to 3.3.15; Legal and Constitutional Affairs: Legislation Committee from 1.7.14 to 10.9.15; Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation from 4.2.16 to 9.5.16.
- Senate Select: School Funding from 3.3.14 to 18.3.14; Murray Darling Basin Plan from 23.2.16 to 9.5.16.
- Joint Statutory: Public Works from 3.3.14 to 1.7.14; Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity from 1.7.14 to 10.9.15, from 4.2.16 to 9.5.16 and from 12.9.16; Law Enforcement from 1.7.14 to 10.9.15, from 4.2.16 to 9.5.16 and from 12.9.16; Human Rights from 23.2.16 to 15.3.16.
- Joint Standing: National Disability Insurance Scheme from 3.3.14 to 1.7.14; Publications from 7.7.14 to 9.5.16 (Chair from 26.8.14 to 9.5.16); Electoral Matters from 4.2.16 to 9.5.16 and from 12.9.16.
- Parliamentary party positions
- The Nationals Party Whip in the Senate from 1.7.14 to 10.9.15.
- National Party Whip in the Senate from 24.2.16 to 9.5.16.
- Party positions
- Chair, Rockhampton Branch, The Nationals.
- Chair and Campaign Director, Rockhampton state electorate, The Nationals.
- Member, LNP Candidate Review Committee 2008-13; Chair 2010-13.
- State Treasurer, LNP (Qld) 2009-13.
- Born 24.3.1957, Gogango, Qld.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- Police officer 1976-91.
- Grazier from 1979.
- Managing Director, Jilbridge Pty Ltd and NewLands Group Holdings Pty Ltd 1991-2013.