- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the Senate for New South Wales 2004 (term began 1.7.2005), 2010 and 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister for Health from 18.9.13 to 21.9.15.
- Minister for Rural Health from 21.9.15 to 19.7.16.
- Minister for Regional Development from 18.2.16.
- Minister for Regional Communications from 18.2.16.
- Minister for Local Government and Territories from 19.7.16.
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Senators' Interests from 16.8.05 to 11.2.08; Publications from 16.8.05 to 11.2.08; Selection of Bills from 6.2.06 to 22.9.08; Library from 2.3.06 to 11.2.08; Procedure from 17.8.07 to 11.2.08; Appropriations and Staffing from 14.2.08 to 12.3.09.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade: References Committee from 16.8.05 to 6.9.05; Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport from 11.9.06 to 24.9.08 and from 12.3.09 to 14.5.09; References Committee from 16.8.05 to 11.9.06 and from 14.5.09 to 11.11.13 and Legislation Committee from 9.2.06 to 11.9.06 and from 14.5.09 to 11.11.13.
- Senate Select: Agricultural and Related Industries from 14.2.08 to 23.9.10; National Broadband Network from 26.6.08 to 17.6.10.
- Joint Standing: Parliamentary Library from 2.3.06 to 17.10.07.
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 16.8.05 to 23.3.07; Intelligence and Security from 9.5.06 to 5.12.08; Law Enforcement from 16.3.12 to 5.8.13.
- Parliamentary party positions
- The Nationals Party Whip in the Senate from 6.2.07 to 22.9.08.
- Deputy Leader of The Nationals in the Senate from 27.6.08.
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Water Resources and Conservation from 22.9.08 to 1.12.08; Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Regional Education from 14.9.10 to 18.9.13.
- Federal Parliamentary Deputy Leader, The Nationals from 12.2.16.
- Party positions
- Member, The Nationals Central Council (NSW) from 1997.
- Chair, The Nationals Lachlan Electorate Council 1997-2002.
- Member, The Nationals Central Executive (NSW) 1999-2005.
- Delegate, The Nationals Federal Council from 2002.
- Delegate, The Nationals Women's Federal Council 2002-05; Treasurer 2003.
- Member, The Nationals Central Council Campaign Committee (NSW) from 2003.
- Born 6.5.1965, Sydney, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA LibStud (Mitchell CAE).
- Farming partner from 1991.
- Ministerial staffer 1999-2004.