- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the Senate for Queensland 2013. Re-elected 2016.
- Parliamentary positions
- Temporary Chair of Committees from 10.9.2018.
- Ministerial appointments
- Assistant Minister to the Prime Minister from 21.9.2015 to 28.8.2018.
- Assistant Minister for Immigration from 18.2.2016 to 19.7.2016.
- Assistant Minister for Regulatory Reform from 10.3.2017 to 20.12.2017.
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Parliamentary Library (formerly Library) from 1.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Appropriations, Staffing and Security from 10.9.2018 to 1.7.2019; Senators' Interests from 10.9.2018 to 1.7.2019; Selection of Bills from 2.7.2019.
- Senate Select: Scrutiny of Government Budget Measures (formerly Abbott Government's Budget Cuts) from 17.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Fair Dinkum Power from 5.12.2018 to 28.6.2019.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Environment and Communications: Legislation from 1.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade: Legislation from 1.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Environment and Communications: References from 1.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade: Legislation from 10.9.2018 to 1.7.2019 (Chair from 14.2.2019 to 25.2.2019); Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade: References from 10.9.2018 to 1.7.2019; Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport: Legislation from 10.9.2018 to 1.7.2019; Education and Employment: Legislation from 2.7.2019 (Chair from 3.7.2019); Education and Employment: References from 2.7.2019 (Deputy Chair from 3.7.2019).
- Joint Standing: Electoral Matters from 1.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Treaties from 1.7.2014 to 12.10.2015; Parliamentary Library (formerly Library) from 1.7.2014 to 9.5.2016; Electoral Matters from 10.9.2018 (Chair from 12.9.2018); Treaties from 10.9.2018 to 1.7.2019.
- Joint Select: Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples (2015) from 1.7.2014 to 23.6.2015.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Deputy Manager of Government Business in the Senate from 30.8.2016 to 22.8.2018.
- Government Deputy Whip in the Senate from 2.7.2019.
- Party positions
- President of the Liberal Club (Griffith University).
- Chair of the Young Liberals Sunshine Coast Branch.
- Born 14.5.1974, Toowoomba, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BCom (Griffith University).
- LLB (Griffith University).
- LLM (Queensland University of Technology).
- Admission as Solicitor.
- Solicitor/Articled Clerk, Bennett Carroll and Gibbons (Qld) 1996-99.
- Investigating Officer, Parliamentary Ombudsman (Qld) 1999-2001.
- Ministerial Adviser, Government of South Australia 2001-02.
- Various roles with the Conservative Party (UK) including Deputy Campaign Director for the Boris Johnson Mayoral Campaign, Special Adviser to Shadow Chancellor, Chief of Staff to the Party Chairman, Campaign Co-ordinator 2002-08.
- National Presidential Campaign Director, The Maldivian Democratic Party 2008.
- Deputy Federal Director, Liberal Party of Australia 2009-10.
- Campaign Director, Liberal National Party (Qld) 2010-12.
- Campaign Director, Country Liberal Party (NT) 2012.
- Self-employed contractor 2012-14.