- Parliamentary service
- Chosen by the Parliament of New South Wales on 6.5.2015 under section 15 of the Constitution to represent the State in the Senate, vice Hon. J Faulkner (resigned). Re-elected 2016.
- Committee service
- Senate Select: National Broadband Network from 13.5.2015 to 12.11.2015 (Chair from 13.5.2015 to 12.11.2015); Health from 14.5.2015 to 9.5.2016; Murray-Darling Basin Plan from 11.8.2015 to 9.5.2016; Resilience of Electricity Infrastructure in a Warming World from 10.11.2016 to 7.4.2017; Fair Dinkum Power from 5.12.2018 to 28.6.2019; Foreign Interference through Social Media from 5.12.2019 (Chair from 10.12.2019).
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Economics: References from 14.5.2015 to 9.5.2016; Finance and Public Administration: Legislation from 12.11.2015 to 9.5.2016; Finance and Public Administration: References from 12.11.2015 to 9.5.2016; Environment and Communications: Legislation from 16.3.2016 to 7.11.2016 (Substitute member from 16.3.2016 to 7.11.2016); Finance and Public Administration: References from 1.9.2016 to 12.9.2016 (Chair from 1.9.2016 to 12.9.2016); Finance and Public Administration: References from 1.9.2016 to 4.7.2019 (Deputy Chair from 12.9.2016 to 4.7.2019); Finance and Public Administration: Legislation from 1.9.2016 to 5.2.2020 (Deputy Chair from 4.7.2019); Economics: Legislation from 1.9.2016; Economics: References from 1.9.2016; Finance and Public Administration: References from 4.7.2019 to 6.2.2020 (Chair from 4.7.2019 to 6.2.2020).
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 12.11.2015 to 9.5.2016; Public Accounts and Audit from 15.9.2016 to 1.7.2019; Intelligence and Security from 2.7.2019.
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 15.9.2016 to 1.7.2019.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Opposition Deputy Whip in the Senate from 30.8.2016.
- Shadow Assistant Minister for Families and Communities from 21.8.2018 to 2.6.2019.
- Secretary to the Shadow Cabinet from 2.6.2019.
- Shadow Assistant Minister to the Leader of the Opposition in the Senate from 2.6.2019.
- Party positions
- President of the Federal Australian Labor Party from 2011 to 2015.
- Born 4.7.1973, Murwillumbah, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA(Hons) (University of Sydney).
- Adviser to the Minister for Environment (NSW), 2002-06.
- NSW Public Service, 2006-10.
- Director, AECOM (various roles), 2010-15.