- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the Senate for Western Australia 2007 (term began 1.7.2008), 2014 and 2016.
- Parliamentary positions
- Temporary Chair of Committees from 13.5.10 to 7.7.14.
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Privileges from 13.10.11 to 9.5.16 and from 1.9.16; Procedure from 19.6.12 to 14.8.12.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Environment, Communications and the Arts from 1.7.08 to 14.5.09; Environment, Communications and the Arts: Legislation and References Committees from 14.5.09 to 27.9.10; Environment and Communications: Legislation and References Committees from 30.9.10 to 5.7.11; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 4.9.08 to 14.5.09; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Legislation and References from 14.5.09 to 11.11.13, from 7.7.14 to 9.5.16 and from 1.9.16; Legal and Constitutional Affairs: Legislation and References Committees from 14.5.09 to 5.7.11.
- Senate Select: National Broadband Network from 10.2.09 to 17.6.10 and from 14.11.13 to 9.5.16; Reform of the Australian Federation from 21.6.10 to 30.6.11; Abbott Government's Budget Cuts from 3.12.14 to 9.5.16(renamed Scrutiny of Government Budget Measures on 11.8.15).
- Joint Standing: Treaties from 4.9.08 to 7.7.14; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 26.11.08 to 5.8.13 and from 12.9.16; National Broadband Network from 21.3.11 to 5.8.13 and from 15.9.16.
- Joint Select: Cyber-Safety from 17.3.10 to 24.6.13; Broadcasting Legislation from 14.3.13 to 24.6.13.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Co-Deputy Leader of the Australian Greens from 6.5.15.
- Australian Greens portfolios: Broadband, Communications and Digital Economy; Housing; Nuclear; Mining (Western Australia); Transport; Infrastructure; Waste and Sustainable Cities; Burma; Assisting on Defence from 1.7.11 to 1.7.12.
- Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy; Burma; Heritage; Housing, Infrastructure; Mining (WA); Nuclear; Sustainable Cities; Assisting on Defence; Assisting on National Security from 1.7.12 to 11.11.13.
- Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy; Housing; Nuclear; Infrastructure; Heritage and Sustainable Cities; Assisting Defence Materiel; Assisting on Resources and Energy from 11.11.13 to 1.7.14.
- Broadband; Communications and the Digital Economy; Defence; Housing and Sustainable Cities; Nuclear from 1.7.14 to 25.5.15.
- Foreign Affairs; Broadband; Communications and Digital Economy; Housing and Sustainable Cities; Nuclear from 25.5.15 to 15.9.15.
- Foreign Affairs; Broadband and Communications; Housing and Sustainable Cities; Nuclear from 15.9.15 to 25.8.16.
- Foreign Affairs; Defence and Veterans' Affairs; International Aid and Development; Communications; Sustainable Cities; and Nuclear from 25.8.16.
- Born 10.1.1970, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA Design (Curtin University), GradDip Policy Studies (Murdoch).
- Graphic designer.
- Research officer.
- Electorate officer to Senator RM Siewert.