- Parliamentary service
- Chosen by the Parliament of Western Australia on 19.6.2007 under section 15 of the Constitution to represent that State in the Senate, vice Hon. I Campbell (resigned). Elected to the Senate for Western Australia 2010. Re-elected 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Finance from 18.9.2013 to 23.8.2018.
- Cabinet Minister from 18.9.2013.
- Special Minister of State from 18.2.2016 to 19.7.2016.
- Special Minister of State from 20.12.2017 to 28.8.2018.
- Vice-President of the Executive Council from 20.12.2017.
- Acting Prime Minister from 21.2.2018 to 26.2.2018.
- Minister for Finance and the Public Service from 28.8.2018 to 29.5.2019.
- Minister for Finance from 29.5.2019.
- Committee service
- Senate Standing: Regulations and Ordinances from 13.2.2008 to 27.11.2010.
- Senate Select: Fuel and Energy from 26.6.2008 to 30.8.2010; Scrutiny of New Taxes from 30.9.2010 to 1.11.2011; Electricity Prices from 10.9.2012 to 3.10.2012; Electricity Prices from 4.10.2012 to 1.11.2012.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Finance and Public Administration from 20.6.2007 to 10.9.2007; Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 17.8.2007 to 16.10.2008; Education, Employment and Workplace Relations: References from 2.2.2010 to 24.11.2010.
- Joint Statutory: Broadcasting of Parliamentary Proceedings from 11.3.2008 to 25.9.2008; Corporations and Financial Services from 25.10.2010 to 5.8.2013.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 14.2.2008 to 23.9.2008; Treaties from 14.2.2008 to 11.3.2008.
- Parliamentary party positions
- Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Health Administration from 22.9.2008 to 8.12.2009.
- Shadow Minister for Employment Participation, Apprenticeships and Training from 8.12.2009 to 14.9.2010.
- Shadow Assistant Treasurer from 14.9.2010 to 18.9.2013.
- Shadow Minister for Financial Services and Superannuation from 14.9.2010 to 18.9.2013.
- Deputy Leader of Government in the Senate from 21.9.2015 to 20.12.2017.
- Leader of the Government in the Senate from 20.12.2017 to 23.8.2018.
- Leader of the Government in the Senate from 28.8.2018.
- Party positions
- Senior Vice-President of the Liberal Party Perth Division from 2000 to 2003.
- Councillor of the Liberal Party State Branch (WA) from 2000.
- Vice-President of the Liberal Party State Branch (WA) from 2003 to 2004.
- Senior Vice-President of the Liberal Party State Branch (WA) from 2004 to 2008.
- Born 20.9.1970, Eupen, Belgium
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- LLC (Notre Dame University, Namur)
- LLL (Catholic University of Leuven)
- Chief of Staff, Minister for Family and Children's Services (WA) 1997-2000
- Senior Adviser to the State Premier (WA), the Hon. RF Court, MLA 2000-01
- Adviser to the Minister for Justice and Customs, the Hon. CM Ellison 2001-03
- Health services manager, HBF Health Insurance 2003-04
- General manager, Healthguard 2004-06
- Acting general manager, HBF Health Insurance 2006-07
|Capitol Telephone||(02) 6277 7400|
|Capitol Fax||(02) 6273 4110|
|Electorate Telephone||(08) 9325 4227|
|Electorate Fax||(08) 9325 6857|
|Electorate Telephone||1300 301 728|