- Parliamentary service
- Elected to the Senate for Queensland 2013. Re-elected 2016.
- Ministerial appointments
- Minister for Northern Australia from 18.2.2016 to 19.7.2016.
- Minister for Resources and Northern Australia from 19.7.2016 to 25.7.2017.
- Cabinet Minister from 19.7.2016 to 25.7.2017.
- Cabinet Minister from 27.10.2017 to 3.2.2020.
- Minister for Resources and Northern Australia from 27.10.2017 to 3.2.2020.
- Committee service
- Senate Select: Scrutiny of Government Budget Measures (formerly Abbott Government's Budget Cuts) from 17.7.2014 to 9.5.2016; Wind Turbines from 27.11.2014 to 3.8.2015; Murray-Darling Basin Plan from 25.6.2015 to 23.2.2016; Unconventional Gas Mining from 12.11.2015 to 23.2.2016; Administration of Sports Grants from 5.2.2020.
- Senate Legislative and General Purpose Standing: Economics: Legislation from 1.7.2014 to 23.2.2016; Environment and Communications: Legislation from 1.7.2014 to 3.3.2015; Economics: References from 1.7.2014 to 23.2.2016.
- Joint Statutory: Human Rights from 1.7.2014 to 9.5.2016; Public Works from 1.7.2014 to 2.3.2015; Public Works from 4.3.2015 to 4.2.2016.
- Joint Standing: Electoral Matters from 1.7.2014 to 4.2.2016; National Disability Insurance Scheme from 1.7.2014 to 15.6.2015.
- Joint Select: Northern Australia from 1.7.2014 to 23.2.2015.
- Parliamentary party positions
- The Nationals Party Whip in the Senate from 10.9.2015 to 9.5.2016.
- Deputy Leader of The Nationals in the Senate from 2.7.2019.
- Born 17.12.1980, Southport, Australia
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (University of Queensland).
- BEc(Hons) (University of Queensland).
- Senior Research Economist, Productivity Commission 2003-08.
- Senior Executive, KPMG 2008-09.
- Director, Productivity Commission 2009-10.
- Chief of Staff to Senator BTG Joyce 2010-13.