|Introduced in House||Passed House||Introduced in Senate||Passed Senate||Became Law|
Zoning; affordable housing, residential district classification.
Provides that a locality, within the residential district classifications of its zoning ordinance, may include districts specifically designated for affordable housing.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of Virginia:
1. That � 15.2-2280 of the Code of Virginia is amended and reenacted as follows:
� 15.2-2280. Zoning ordinances generally.
Any locality may, by ordinance, classify the territory under its jurisdiction or any substantial portion thereof into districts of such number, shape, and size as it may deem best suited to carry out the purposes of this article, and in each district it may regulate, restrict, permit, prohibit, and determine the following:
1. The use of land, buildings, structures, and other premises for agricultural, business, industrial, residential, flood plain, and other specific uses. Within the residential district classifications of its zoning ordinance, a locality may include districts specifically designated for affordable housing, as defined in � 15.2-2201;
2. The size, height, area, bulk, location, erection, construction, reconstruction, alteration, repair, maintenance, razing, or removal of structures;
3. The areas and dimensions of land, water, and air space to be occupied by buildings, structures, and uses, and of courts, yards, and other open spaces to be left unoccupied by uses and structures, including variations in the sizes of lots based on whether a public or community water supply or sewer system is available and used; or
4. The excavation or mining of soil or other natural resources.
|01/31/2020||House||House: Reported from Counties, Cities and Towns (15-Y 7-N)|
|01/21/2020||House||House: Assigned CC & T sub: Land Use|
|01/07/2020||House||House: Prefiled and ordered printed; offered 01/08/20 20102133D|
|01/07/2020||House||House: Referred to Committee on Counties, Cities and Towns|